You will be contacted
as soon as you request
We make sure you
are in good hands
Love becomes intertwined with 5 days in an absolutely undeveloped island escape. Spend the days lazing by the beach or walking around the island discovering its natural paradise. Do yoga together or take a run on the beach. Enjoy home cooked meals while hearing the waves crash against the shore. Relax under the stars as the light up across the night sky.
What to Know
Ile-a-vache is truly beautiful. Unlike other towns and areas of Haiti, it is safe and untouched. There are no roads and the island can only be navigated by foot. In the future, Ile-a-vache, may become a private, luxurious destination so take advantage of the affordable luxury now.
About the Destination
Ile-a-Vache is an unspoiled and beautiful island located off the southern coast of Haiti, close to the town of Les Cayes. The island owes its name to the large numbers of cattle that used to roam there. Ironically, the shape of the island appears roughly like a sleeping cow in the midst of a virgin nature. Ile-a-Vache also bears a history of pirates including the infamous Captain Morgan, a British pirate who led several buccaneering expeditions across the Caribbean to attack Britain’s enemies in order to protect their future prosperity.
Due to its isolation, it is also very sparsely developed so it’s one of the rare beautiful places in the Caribbean where you can enjoy it “in the raw.” I don’t just mean that you can find spots for skinny dipping. I mean, within minutes of walking you can find a place that feels untouched (and unruined) by human civilisation and you can be truly alone and undisturbed – a rare feat in Haiti indeed.
Things to Do
- HIKE. Get a guide or a local waiter at your hotel, pay him and GO explore the island. We did a beautiful hike from Abakabay to Port-Morgan. You will walk through beautiful little colorful villages, run into men cutting fruits with machetes don;t get alarmed!), goats and cows staring at your calmly and as always get beautiful smiles from the children in the zone. Get your guide $5 or so once the hike is over to thank him.
- LOVER’S ISLAND. Make sure you plan to see “L'ILE DES AMOUREUX” with your loved one. “Lover’s island "is in fact composed of two tiny islands. I was amazed by what I saw: some little pieces of sand lost in the the turquoise water, you stop there, you bring a Prestige beer and you can finally relax and think about the beauty in this world. On one side, you will face dramatic mountains, on the other side you will get captivated by Ile-a-vache palm trees, crystal waters as well as the small islands in the areas.
- KAYAK AT THE SUNSET - a must!
- GO FOR A RUN ON ABAKABAY BEACH, nominated one of the most beautiful beaches in the world
- STARGAZE AT NIGHT… THE MOON AND THE STARS ARE MAGNIFICENT.
How to get there
- By air. At the moment, there are no commercial flight connecting Port-au-Prince to les Cayes. There is a development project to build an airport on Ile-a-Vache but this won’t be operating before a few years. If you travel with no real budget or with a group, Tortug'air ,a Haitian air company, can charter a plane from Port-au-Prince to Les Cayes for $2500 or so.
- By car or Bus Les Cayes is located at approximately at 4 hour drive from Port-au-Prince. Once you arrive at Les Cayes, hotels on the island will organize a private boat ride from Les Cayes to take guests to Lle-a-vache.
- 10 Sleeps
What is Included
Villa accommodations 15 meters from the ocean, Full Board- three meals per day, and Ground Transportation Flights to Port Au Prince can be added at a fee.
Flights: The flights included are with either a scheduled or no-frills airline and are subject to live availability and prices can change. You can choose your preferred departure times during the booking process. Please select your flight options carefully as departure and arrival airports may differ.
Transfers: Transfers are not included. The transfer time from Bologna airport is approximately 30 mins.
Car Hire: Car hire can be added at the next stage of the booking process.
Visa Requirements vary per place of origin:
Rates are subject to change due to holidays or rush periods. The destination has limited accommodation, please book in advance.
Check in & Check out
GH: +233 50-393 0259