Day 1: Arrival
On this day, you will be picked up at the Entebbe International airport by your happy, experienced guide and driven to the hotel that's booked prior to your commencement of the tour.
Day 2: Entebbe - Kasese
Morning transfer from Entebbe to Kasese by road with one of our air conditioned land cruisers. On reaching the town, drive to the hotel, check in and have a short walk around the town of Kasese. Dinner and overnight.
Rwenzori mountain hike begins on the 3rd day to the 10th day. In the first 5 days you can be able to reach the summit which is at 5109 m above sea level. The other three days, you return to the starting point.
On this day you will drive to Kampala from Kasese.
Because culture makes us, we shall have a cultural tour to some sites in Kampala. This will take place in the Buganda palace, tombs and the parliament. Elsewhere in Kampala, we shall have a visit to a home in Buganda, see how the children at home behave and do house chores. A visit to the national theatre will do you good. This however, depends on the day of the week.
If the flight time is later in the day, drive to Entebbe international airport for departure.
You will be contacted
as soon as you request
We make sure you
are in good hands
This is an exquisite safari that one should not miss at any cost! You will visit the mountains of the moon and a cultural touch of the people of Uganda especially in the central part of the country.
What to Know
This is a highly recommended trip for all people as long as they feel fit!
You will need the following materials
- Sleeping bag
- A pair of crampons
- A rope
- Climbing boots/ Trekking shoes
- Ice axe
- Jacket/ sweater
- Insect repellent
- A pair of gloves
- Warm clothing as this sometimes gets cooler with the altitude
About the Destination
The Rwenzori mountains also known as the mountains of the moon happen to be the third highest point in Africa. It is also the only mountain in the whole of Africa with all the predicted vegetation zone.
Things to Do
On leisure, one can have boat canoes as most of the huts for accommodation are neighboring some lakes as formed due to volcanic activity.
Most of the time will be for relaxation in preparation for the next day.
In the evenings, you will have a camp fire.
How to get there
Please fly into the Entebbe International Airport.
- 10 Sleeps
What is Included
- All accommodation from the first day for 11 nights. On the day of your departure, we do not provide it.
- Also you are on fullboard meal plan, all transfers from the airport and back to the airport.
- An English speaking driver/guide
- The hike to the top of the summit
- A porter per person for all 8 days.
Rates Do Not Include:
- Government imposed increase of fees and/or taxes
- International flights (from/to home)
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Optional Activities
- This tour is offered by the tour operator not aSuiteStay.
- They reserve the right to change rates advertised without prior notice.
- The exact order, content and rate of this tour is subject to availability.
- This tour has fixed departure dates. The final departure dates will depend on the client's preferences and availability of accommodations and/or other components of this tour.
- All Safaris will be booked and confirmed only upon payment of a 50% deposit of the total package price.Unless otherwise specified by us. - The balance for the package price should be paid not later than 30 days to commencement of the safari. However when agreed on, the client may pay the balance upon arrival and before start of the Safari. - A full (100%) gorilla permit fees advance payment is required to reserve a Gorilla permit. - Bookings made within 30 days prior to commencement of safari MUST be fully paid once confirmation is made. - Due to currency fluctuations and hotel price changes, Package prices are subjected to change without prior notice. Note that in-case of such when a client has already paid, he/she shall be requested to top up as per the increment or percentage levied - In case payment is not done as indicated above, Footstep Trails Safaris reserves every right to cancel the booking / reservation. - All payments must be paid in Dollars
- Visa can be attained on arrival into the country.
- A malaria prophylaxis is highly recommended.
- Rate is based on availability and season. All rates are quoted in USD. Some packages are customizable. Final pricing depends on add-ons.
- Rates are per person and exclude the international flight from/to your home country
- Rates are per person and quoted above based on 2 people sharing 1 room
The price per person in the various group sizes:
1 pax: $ 2825
2 pax: $ 2075
3 pax: $ 1938
4 pax: $ 1810
5 pax: $ 1781
6 pax: $ 1721
7 pax: $ 1721
Check in & Check out
GH: +233 50-393 0259